Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Weekend Recap

So this weekend I took a random Day trip up to New York with my girl Dana.
After arriving to NY, our first stop was MOOD Fabrics.. I almost died
from being over whelmed lol.. SO MUCH FABRIC
I didnt know what to do with my self lol. Dana ended up buying a few buttons,
I didn't buy anything though.. there was just too much, and I need to have my
thoughts and ideas together before I venture there again lol.
After mood we ended up walking some BLOCKS (WITH BAGS) before deciding to take
a cab to EVE Spa. You guys should check that place out if you are ever in
NY, great prices.
Next we headed over to Buffalo Exchange. NOW LET ME TELL YOU
I WILL NEVER WALK THAT FAR AGAIN IN LIFE! Thanks Dana lol
While we should have cought the train, we walked a good 20 some blocks.. like
I almost freakin DIED. I was hot, and sweaty, my body ached from the weight of my bags..
Never again I tell you lol.. I think we finally made it to Buffalo Exchange after about
an hour of walking.. Pretty great stuff in there, I wasnt trying to
spend to much, as I was on a budget see.. so I ended up buying these wonderful bangles
and a necklace, and I will be going back.
Now we were finally on our way to my friend Fallon's place who stays in Brooklyn
to get ready for the night ;-)
First stop Qi Restaurant.. Great food at very reasonable prices,
and filling too. My meal totaled $20 dollars all together
$10 for my entree
$6 for my drink
$4 for tip and tax
Definitely proud of myself lol
Met some cool ladies at dinner all pretty much in
Fashion or entertainment.. freakin awesome lol.
After dinner we all head outside contemplating our next destination
when it started to RAIN HARD AS HECK.. so we ran for our lives
into the subway station. Turns out the rain only lasted for a few minutes.
Everyone else decided to go home and ditch the plans so Dana and I had to find something to do.
It was our last night! We leave the station and decide to WALK
towards BB Kings, along the way I am making every phone call, and text possible
to the people I know in the city. Got directions to Greenhouse but ended up
going to Choice, a bar to meet up with Fallon and her roommate.
Although we were looking to party, the night didnt end bad at all.
I'm a little tipsy by now and everything seems funny to me.
Its 3 something in the morning almost 4 and we are all on our way back to
the apartment. We all stayed up and chat.. u know girl talk for a while.. and then
its off to sleep.
Bus trip back to DC departs at 9AM, and we arrive back at almost 2PM
Great trip all in all I WILL BE BACK =)
Check the pics..

Photobucket

Hot and sweaty in MOOD lol

Photobucket

Dana!!

Photobucket

Bag lady lol.. my butt looks a lil big here haha

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Fashion walk of Fame I believe

Photobucket



I meeeeeaaan?? LOL how do u feel about this?

Photobucket



Dana looking pretty =)

Photobucket

candid

Photobucket



Group Pic of the ladies

Photobucket


The RAIN!!

Photobucket

LOL

Photobucket


And we're off ...

6 comments:

Nika said...

you guys look fab, I love your friends hair!

Tamika said...

aaw thanks

CayceShea said...

The outfit with the white top looks sooo cute! Love your hair!

Jasmine said...

wow who is that girl in the tenth picture, second one from the right? she is gorgeous!

InnyVinny said...

Damn.Girl.WERK!!!!!!!

Making me want to hit up a gym and ish. You look so cute!!

Tamika said...

@Jasmine, girl i cant remember her name but she's my friends friends friend if that makes sense lol.. She is really cute haha.

@Alicia thanks girl lol I'm goin to the gym tomorrow hahaha